Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jacobs Creek Sparkling Chardonnay - Pinot Noir


An Australian sparkler which is sure to please.

I've posted on my Washington wine blog and on my Facebook group, that I've been unable to find any Jacobs Creek sparkling wine in South Eastern Washington. By chance, I purchased a bottle on clearance several years ago in Pasco, Washington. It was quite good. Naturally, I went looking for more.

I never found another bottle in town. Jacobs Creek distributes their value-priced wines well, red and white, but not the sparkler. I've spoken with several distributors and Googled distributors. But no Jacobs Creek sparkling wine. Where did it go? It is advertised on their Website and listed as a current product. Maybe there's too much competition in the regional market?

Guess what? I found some in the Abu Dhabi Duty Free store last month. That's where some of it went. note: We stopped at Spinney's liquor store down the street yesterday, and found more. If you don't want to pay for Champagne, this Australian sparkling wine is a great option.

Was the wine as good as remembered?

We finally cracked open that Jacobs Creek sparkling wine. The bottle was well chilled, fridge to freezer, back to fridge (who can drink warm bubbly?). It had soft bubbles, but plenty of them, maybe it was me that night, but I tasted gobs of honey and citrusy ginger - nice and crisp. I liked.

Jacobs Creek Sparkling Chardonnay - Pinot Noir, NV
Found in Abu Dhabi, UAE (you're on your own finding it elsewhere)
Serve well chilled for maximum enjoyment

No comments:

Post a Comment